How to boost immunity during covid-19 epidemic: As you, all know how much we have to take care of ourselves in today’s situation. We have been battling the coronavirus for many months and we are making every effort to defeat it.
We have stopped coming out of the house, we maintain a distance of two yards and keep wearing masks, but will we win this virus only by doing so?
If we want to win from this pandemic, then we have to keep our immune too powerful so that this virus does not harm our bodies.
And if you also want to keep your immunity strong, you will have to eat healthy food and also you have to do exercise.
We are here today with some healthy foods and yoga exercises that can make your immunity strong. So, let’s move on to the article.
Here is the list of foods you should take to improve your immunity.
As you know or you have ever listened to that Vitamin C is good for immunity and you may have listened from doctors that if you feel week take a vitamin C capsule or eat food that contains vitamin C
The citrus food contains vitamin C which is very useful for increasing white blood cells of the body, which are the soldier to fight infection and disease.
Almost every citrus fruit is rich in vitamin C and it is very easy to add them to your food. Some of the citrus fruits are: –
- Clementine, etc.
These are the list of some best citrus food. There would be a question in some people’s minds that why we need vitamin C producers? So, as I inform you that our body doesn’t produce vitamin C we have to provide it to our body manually.
The recommended amount of Vitamin C for an adult to become healthy is:-
- 75 mg for women
- 90 mg for men
Garlic is found in almost all food in the world. It adds some flavor to your food and it is very good for your health.
Garlic contains some compound that helps to boost the immune system and helps to fight with infections.
Garlic contains compounds like alliin when garlic s chewed or crushed its compound turns into allicin which is the main active ingredient in garlic.
Allicin contains sulfur, which gives garlic its smell and taste. As allicin is unstable, so it quickly converts to a Sulphur containing compound which gives garlic its medicinal properties.
These have been shown that garlic compounds boost the immune system and help in disease-fighting.
Red bell Peppers
Not only citrus fruit contains vitamin C, but Red bell peppers also contain vitamin C in fact it contains more vitamin C than citrus fruit. Red bell pepper contains 127 mg which is 3 times of Florida orange which contains only 45 mg.
Red bell peppers are also a very rich source of beta-carotene, which boosts the immune system, and in your body beta carotene converts into Vitamin A which helps to keep your eyes and skin healthy.
Red Bell Pepper productivity: The bell pepper is native to central and south America. China is the world’s largest producer and distributers of bell peppers. You can found it in almost every grocery near you.
Yogurt is very rich in vitamins and protein, it also contains lactobacillus a probiotic that helps fight infection and disease it also boosts your immune system.
Try to bring plain yogurt instead of flavored one which contains a lot of sugar. Bring your plain yogurt and sweeten it yourself by adding healthy fruits or by adding honey in it.
Yogurt is a great source of vitamin D, so try to buy yogurt of a good brand which are filled with vitamins. Vitamin D helps to regulate the immune system too and boosts the body’s defense against diseases.
Almonds are included in a good source of protein almond recommended for healthy food by the US department of agriculture.
Almonds contain vitamin E which is much beneficial for boosting the immune. This powerful antioxidant is the key to a healthy immune system.
Daily consumption of almonds may reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering blood levels of LDL cholesterol.
Almonds productivity: The main producing country of almond is the united states, which is 68% of the world’s production and the rest is produced in Spain, Italy, Greece, Iran, Tunisia, Morocco, Portugal, and other countries with small production.
you can find the best quality almonds near your grocery shop or you buy them from amazon. Buy it from amazon.
Turmeric is used as medicine in many houses. Turmeric is a key ingredient in many curries. It is also used for years as an anti-inflammatory in treating both osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. but there is no high-quality evidence from clinical trials on humans that curcumin reduces inflammation as of 2017 research.
Turmeric contains a high concentration of curcumin, which gives color to turmeric and can help decrease induced muscle damage. Curcumin has an immune booster and an antiviral.
Other info: Turmeric paper is also an indicator that is made up of turmeric. It dispersed in water is yellow under acid and brown under alkaline conditions.
Sunflower seeds are rich in nutrients which include phosphorous, magnesium, and vitamin B-6 and E.
Vitamin E is very important in generating and maintaining the immune system. Sunflower seeds are incredibly high in selenium. Its 28 grams contains nearly half selenium which is the average adult need of the day.
The sunflower seeds are also composed of other nutrients like water 5%, Carbohydrates 20%, total fat 51%, and Protein 21%.
Production of sunflower seeds: In 2017, The production of sunflower seeds is 52 million tonnes, 27 million tonnes in Ukraine and Russia, and 25 million tonnes in the rest of the country.
Broccoli is a very high nutritional food with vitamins and minerals in it. Broccoli contains vitamins A, C, and E, as well as it contains fiber and many antioxidants too.
Broccoli is the best healthiest vegetables you can add to your food list. Steam your food to keep maximum nutrients in your food.
Let’s talk about the nutrition of broccoli, 100 grams of raw broccoli provides 34 calories and is a very rich source of vitamin C and vitamin k. It also contains a moderate amount of several vitamin B.
Raw broccoli contains 89% water, 7% carbohydrates, 3% protein, and has negligible fat.
Broccoli production: In 2017 the global production of broccoli was 26 million tonnes 73% of total production is from China and India and the rest was from other countries.
It is also the best food to boost the immune system. Spinach is rich in Vitamin C and also has many antioxidants and beta carotene, which both increase the fighting ability of the immune system to fight infections and disease.
Spinach is the same as broccoli, spinach is very healthy when it is cooked lightly. light cooking makes it easier to absorb vitamin A and allows other nutrients to be released from oxalic acid, an antinutrient.
If you think that spinach is just for good eyesight then you are totally wrong it is also the best option for your immunity.
Spinach production: In 2018 the world production of spinach was 26 million tonnes in which 90% was produced from china and the rest are from other countries.
Kiwi is full of many essential nutrients which include folate, potassium, vitamin K, and vitamin C.
Vitamin C boosts the immune system of the body for fighting infection and disease, Kiwi is very beneficial for body functioning.
Kiwi Production: In 2018, the global production of kiwi was 4 million tonnes, in which approx 50% of production was from china and the rest was from other countries.
This food is just for boosting the immune system. we didn’t claim that it will recover you from any disease.
This food is just for improving the strength of your immune which helps you to fight the disease. This tip is very beneficial for the current epidemic which is the Covid-19 epidemic.
Here is the list of yoga exercises you should do to improve your immunity.
Balasana (Child Pose)
Child Pose or Balasana is a kneeling asana in modern yoga as exercise.
Balasana is a counter asana for various yoga poses. If necessary, and during pregnancy, the knees may be extended. The arms can be stretched forward in front of the head.
The origin of the name of this pose is from the Sanskrit word “Bala” which means “Child” and “Asana” which means “Pose”.
Steps of Balasana
- For doing child pose sit on a yoga mat in Vajrasana.
- Now, slowly inhale and lift both hands directly above the head. Don’t touch your palms.
- Now, slowly exhale and bend forward.
(Note: – Careful while doing this as you have to bend from the hip joint, not from the waist joint.)
- Keep leaning forward until your palms touch the ground.
- Now, hold your head on the ground.
- Now, you are completely in child pose or we say Balasana. Now you have to relax your body and have to inhale deeply and exhale.
- Combine the fingers of both hands as between them you have to support him by keeping the head.
- Now, put your head between your hands.
Be in this pose for 30 sec to 5 min then slowly release. This is the first round you have to do 3 to 4 rounds.
Benefits of Balasana
- This yoga pose helps to stretches the hips, thigh, and ankles.
- This yoga pose is very beneficial for those who have back pain.
- It relieves back and neck pains.
Setu bandhasana (Bridge Pose)
Bridge pose or Setu Bandhasana is an inverted back bending asanas in hatha yoga in modern yoga and exercise.
The name of this pose is from the Sanskrit word Setu which means bridge and Banda which means lock and asana which means pose.
How to do Setu Bandhasana
- Lie on the ground on a yoga mat.
- Now bend your knees so that it is at 90 degrees of spine striking.
- Now slowly inhale and lift your waist according to the comfort.
- Try to be in the pose for approx 20 to 30 sec.
- Now slowly exhale and bring your waist down to the ground.
- Now, this is one round, do it 3 to 4 times.
Benefits of Setu Bandhasana
- This yoga pose is very effective for those who have back pains.
- This yoga helps to stretches the chest, neck, and spine.
- It helps to stimulate the lungs, abdominal organs, and thyroid.
- Improves digestion.
- It too helps in reducing anxiety, fatigue, backache, headache, and insomnia.
- Dental for asthma, osteoporosis, sinusitis, and High blood pressure.
Halasana (Plow Pose)
Plow pose or Halasana is an inverter asana in yoga and modern yoga as exercise.
The name comes from the Sanskrit word Hala which means Plough and asana means posture.
How to do Plow Pose?
- Lie on your back with your arms beside you
- keep your palms downward
- When you inhale, use your abdominal muscle to lift your feet off the floor
- Raise your legs vertically at a 90-degree angle
- Now, support your hips and back with your hands
- Breathe normally and lift your hips and back off the ground
- Now, Allow your legs to sweep at a 180-degree angle over your head
- Your toes should touch the ground and your back should be perpendicular to the floor
- you may get into some trouble doing this but you will able to completely do this after some attempts.
- Hold in this pose for 30 to 40 seconds and then relax.
Note: You have to do this slow and gentle.
Benefits of Plow pose
- It tones the leg
- It stimulates the thyroid gland.
- It strengthens the immune system
- It calms the nervous system
- It helps in reducing stress
- It strengthens and opens the neck, shoulders, and back muscles.
Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
Cobra pose or Bhujangasana is a back-bending asana in modern yoga as exercise and hatha yoga. This yoga is the part of Surya Namaskar(Salute to the Sun)
The origin of the name of this pose is from the Sanskrit word “Bhujanga” which means “cobra” and “asana” which means “Pose”.
Steps of Bhujangasana
- Lie down on the ground on your stomach.
- Now, place your palm under the shoulder.
- Stretch your back and keep your leg straight and keep in mind your legs should be close enough to each other.
- Now, inhale and lift your body upwards.
- Mind one thing that you should not stretch your waist much.
- Try to remain in this posture for 15-20 seconds
- Then exhale and return to the normal position. Now do this pose for 3-4 ties.
Benefits of Bhujangasana
- It helps to strengthen the spin.
- It also stretches the chest, lungs, shoulders, and abdomen.
- It stimulates the abdominal organs.
- It opens the heart and lungs.
- It increases body heat and destroys diseases.
Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
Bow Pose or Dhanurasana is a back-bending asana in hatha yoga and modern yoga as exercise.
The name comes from the Sanskrit word Dhanur which means Bow and asana which means posture.
How to do Dhanurasana
- Lie down on your stomach with your feet slightly apart.
- Place your arms on the side of your body
- Slowly, fold your knees and hold your ankles with your hands
- Inhale and pull your legs up and lift your chest
- Stretch it as you feel stretch in your arm and thigh
- Focus on your breathing
- Maintain in this pose for 15-20 seconds
- Slowly bring your chest and legs back to the ground
- Then do this pose 2 to 3 times then relax.
Benefits of Dhanurasana
- It stretches the ankles, thigh, groins, abdomen, and chest.
- It improves the blood circulation to the spinal nervous
- It strengthens the back muscle
- It stimulates the organs of the abdomen and neck
Kapalbhati is also known as a breath of fire. It is an important Shatkarma, a purification in Hatha yoga.
The name of the pose comes from the Sanskrit word Kapala which means Skull and Bhati which means shining.
How to do Kapalbhati pranayama
- Sit in a meditative pose
- Take a deep breath.
- Exhale and pull your stomach.
- pull your navel in back toward the spine
- Do this at your comfort.
- Keep your right hands on your stomach to feel the abdominal muscles contract.
- when you will relax then your navel and abdomen will breathe flow into your lungs automatically.
- Do 20 such breaths to complete one round of Kapal Bhati.
- Do this 2 more times.
Benefits of Kapalbhati pranayama
- It increases the metabolic rate
- It clears the Nadis
- It stimulates the abdominal organs
- It improves the blood circulation
- It calms and uplifts the mind
Anulom Vilom pranayama
Anuloma Viloma pranayama is a breath exercise practiced in hatha yoga.
How to do Anulom Vilom pranayama
- Sit in any meditative pose
- Keep your spine and neck erect
- Close your eyes
- Now, clear your mind
- Place your wrist on your knees
- Use your right hand
- Fold your middle and your index finger toward your palm
- Place your right thumb on your right nostrils and ring finger on your nostril
- Now, close your right nostril with your thumb and inhale through your left nostril
- Inhale till your lings are full
- Focus on your breathing
- Now, release your thumb and you have to close your left nostrils with your ring finger
- Now, exhale through the right nostril
- now, reverse this process this time inhale through the right nostril and exhale through the left nostril
- Repeat this for 1 minute.
Benefits of Anulom Vilom pranayama
- It relieves stress and anxiety
- It improves respiratory function
- It improves cardiovascular health.
- Don’t smoke
- Exercise regularly
- Maintain a healthy diet
- Try to reduce stress or even don’t take the stress
- Try to get a perfect sleep
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Drink plenty of waters
- Processed foods
- Foods and drinks high in sugar
- Refined carbohydrates
- Alcoholic beverages
Signs of a weak immune system
- Your stress level is sky high
- Your wound is slow to heal
- You have a frequent infection
- You always have a cold
- You always feel tired
Source:- This all information is collected from Internet.
Follow Us on Instagram for recent updates:- Click here