Best yoga for kidney stone removal: The kidney helps to remove waste and fluid from your blood to make urine.
Sometimes, when there is too much waste in your blood and there is not enough liquid in your blood, then these wastes can accumulate in your kidneys and clump together. These clumps of waste are called kidney stones.
Kidney stones are small pebbles of salt minerals in the urine.
Symptoms of Kidney stones
Some of the kidney stones are very small in size that can easily pass through your urinary tract, you may not have any symptoms and you may never know that you had a stone in your kidney.
But if the kidney stones are large then you may see these symptoms:
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Blood in your urine
- Sharp pain in your back or lower abdomen
- Pain while urinating
Note: If you feel any of the symptoms mentioned above then contact your doctor as soon as possible.
Cause of Kidney Stone
The cause of kidney stones are as follows:
- Don’t drink enough water
- You have had kidney stones before
- You take certain medicines, such as diuretics or calcium-based antacids.
- The swelling or irritation in your bowel or your joints
- Polycystic kidney disease or another cystic kidney disease
- If you have any condition that causes your urine to contain high levels of cystine, oxalate, uric acid, or calcium
If you have any of these symptoms, then don’t worry, we have brought a sequence of Yoga Exercises to treat it to some extent.
So, let’s start the sequence
Yoga for kidney stone removal
TOC of yoga asana
- Ustrasana (Camel Pose)
- Pawanmuktasana (Wind relieving pose)
- Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
- Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
- Garudasana (Eagle Pose)
- Ardha Matsyendrasana (Half fish lord Pose)
- Balasana (Child Pose)
Yoga for kidney stone
Ustrasana (Camel Pose)
Best yoga for kidney stone removal: Camel pose or Ustrasana is kneeling back bending asanas in modern yoga as exercise.
The name of this pose comes from the Sanskrit word “Ustra” which means “camel” and “asana” which means “posture”.
Camel pose is a deep backward bent from a kneeling position.
this poses one of the 26 asanas in the Bikram yoga sequence
How to do Ustrasana?
- Kneel down on yoga mat but keep little distance between both legs
- Now, place your right hand on your right heels and your left hand on your left heel.
- Now, Lift your chest
- Maintain in this pose for 30 to 40 seconds
- Slowly come back to your normal position.
Benefits of Ustrasana
- Reduce fat on the thigh
- It helps to improve posture
- It relieves lower back pain
- It helps in opening the chest and improving respiration.
- It stretches and strengthens the shoulder and back
- It is the yoga to increase focus and concentration
Pavanamuktasana (Wind Relieving Pose)
Best yoga for kidney stone removal: Pavanamuktasana or Wind-relieving pose is an asana in modern yoga as exercise.
The name of this pose comes from the Sanskrit word Pavan which means Wind, Mukta which means free, and Asana which means Posture.
Steps of Pavanamuktasana
- Lie on your back
- Bring your legs straight up to 90 degrees
- Bend your both knees and ankle combined
- Bring your arms nearby your feet
- Hold your hands together or you may hold your elbows
- raise your neck up and close your chin with your chest or you may bring it to your knees.
Benefits of Pavanamuktasana
- It strengthens the abdominal muscle
- It reduces belly fat
- It massages the intestine
- It tones the arms, legs, buttock
- It promotes digestion
- It relieves constipation.
Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
Best yoga for kidney stone removal: Cobra pose or Bhujangasana is a back-bending asana in modern yoga as exercise and hatha yoga. This yoga is the part of Surya Namaskar(Salute to the Sun)
The origin of the name of this pose is from the Sanskrit word “Bhujanga” which means “cobra” and “asana” which means “Pose”.
Steps of Bhujangasana
- Lie down on the ground on your stomach.
- Now, place your palm under the shoulder.
- Stretch your back and keep your leg straight and keep in mind your legs should be close enough to each other.
- Now, inhale and lift your body upwards.
- Mind one thing that you should not stretch your waist much.
- Try to remain in this posture for 15-20 seconds
- Then exhale and return to the normal position. Now do this pose for 3-4 ties.
Benefits of Bhujangasana
- It helps to strengthen the spin.
- It also stretches the chest, lungs, shoulders, and abdomen.
- It stimulates the abdominal organs.
- It opens the heart and lungs.
- It increases body heat and destroys diseases.
Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
Best yoga for kidney stone removal: Bow Pose or Dhanurasana is a back-bending asana in hatha yoga and modern yoga as exercise.
The name comes from the Sanskrit word Dhanur which means Bow and asana which means posture.
Steps of Dhanurasana
- Lie down on your stomach with your feet slightly apart.
- Place your arms on the side of your body
- Slowly, fold your knees and hold your ankles with your hands
- Inhale and pull your legs up and lift your chest
- Stretch it as you feel stretch in your arm and thigh
- Focus on your breathing
- Maintain in this pose for 15-20 seconds
- Slowly bring your chest and legs back to the ground
- Then do this pose 2 to 3 times then relax.
Benefits of Dhanurasana
- It stretches the ankles, thigh, groins, abdomen, and chest.
- It improves the blood circulation to the spinal nervous
- It strengthens the back muscle
- It stimulates the organs of the abdomen and neck
Garudasana (Eagle Pose)
Best yoga for kidney stone removal: The Garudasana or the eagle pose is a standing balancing asana in modern yoga as exercise.
The name comes from the Sanskrit word Garuda Which means Eagle and asana which means Posture.
According to Hindu Mythology, Garuda is known as the king of birds and the Vahana (mount) of Lord Vishnu.
How to do Garudasana?
- Stand in tadasana
- transfer your whole weight on your left foot
- Now, lift your right thigh over your left thigh as high up the thigh as possible
- Hook your right foot around your left calf
- Now, Bring Both arms in front of you and parallel to the floor
- Bring your right elbow into the left and left elbow into the right.
- Then Bring your left palm in front of the right palm.
- Then join your palm and keep your thumbs pointing to the tip of your nose.
- Keep your spine perpendicular to the floor
- Hold in this pose for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Now, reverse your arms and legs
- Do this pose for 30 seconds then release.
Benefits of Garudasana
- It helps in strengthens the calves and ankles.
- It helps in stretching The ankles and calves
- It is the yoga to increase focus and concentration
- Improve sense of balance
- It helps in reducing lower back pain.
Ardha Matsyendrasana (Half Lord of the Fishes Pose)
Best yoga for kidney stone removal: Matsyendrasana or Lord of the Fishes Pose is a seated twisting pose in hatha yoga and modern yoga as exercise.
The name comes from the Sanskrit word Matsyendra one of the founders of hatha yoga whose name means Lord of the fishes, and asana which means Pose.
Steps of Matsyendrasana
- Sit on the yoga mat with leg stretch out
- Bend your left leg and place the left foot on the floor outside the right knee with the toes facing forward.
- Bring your right foot and foot on the left buttock
- Make sure your right heel should touch the left buttock and be outside your right foot on the floor
- Now hold your left leg with your right hand and keep the hand out of your left knee so that your right hand is close to your right knee.
- Now raise your left hand horizontally at shoulder level and stare at your fingers.
- Gently rotate your torso to the left with your hands, torso, and head.
- Now you should bend your left elbow and put the left hand behind the waist.
- Should rotate to the right side of waist behind the left hand
Hold for 40 seconds. Then relax
- Repeat this with opposite legs and hands.
Benefits of Matsyendrasana
- It opens your shoulder, hips, and neck
- It increases the flexibility in your spine and hips
- It helps you to improve the digestion
- It tones and strengthens the abs
- It also helps your body to clean your internal organs
Balasana (Child Pose)
Best yoga for kidney stone removal: Child Pose or Balasana is a kneeling asana in modern yoga as exercise.
Balasana is a counter asana for various yoga poses. If necessary, and during pregnancy, the knees may be extended. The arms can be stretched forward in front of the head.
The origin of the name of this pose is from the Sanskrit word “Bala” which means “Child” and “Asana” which means “Pose”.
Steps of Child Pose?
- For doing child pose sit on a yoga mat in Vajrasana.
- Now, slowly inhale and lift both hands directly above the head. Don’t touch your palms.
- Now, slowly exhale and bend forward.
(Note: – Careful while doing this as you have to bend from the hip joint, not from the waist joint.)
- Keep leaning forward until your palms touch the ground.
- Now, hold your head on the ground.
- Now, you are completely in child pose or we say Balasana. Now you have to relax your body and have to inhale deeply and exhale.
- Combine the fingers of both hands as between them you have to support him by keeping the head.
- Now, put your head between your hands.
Be in this pose for 30 sec to 5 min then slowly release. This is the first round you have to do 3 to 4 rounds.
Benefits of Child Pose
- This yoga pose helps to stretches the hips, thigh, and ankles.
- This yoga pose is very beneficial for those who have back pain.
- It relieves back and neck pains.