Best yoga for immune system: As you, all know how much we have to take care of ourselves in today’s situation. We have been battling the coronavirus for many months and we are making every effort to defeat it.
We have stopped coming out of the house, we maintain a distance of two yards and keep wearing masks, but will we win this virus only by doing so?
If we want to win from this pandemic, then we have to keep our immune too powerful so that this virus does not harm our bodies.
And if you also want to keep your immunity strong, you will be eating a lot of healthy things for immunity, but you will have to do some exercises too.
We are here today with some yoga exercises that can make your immunity strong. So, let’s move on to the article.
TOC of yoga for immune system:
- Balasana (Child Pose)
- Setu bandhasana (Bridge Pose)
- Halasana (Plow Pose)
- Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
- Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
- Kapalbhati Pranayama
- Anuloma Viloma Pranayama
So we are now going to talk about the 5 best yoga for immune system briefly and this will help you a lot…
Best yoga for immune system: Child Pose or Balasana is a kneeling asana in modern yoga as exercise.
Balasana is a counter asana for various yoga poses. If necessary, and during pregnancy, the knees may be extended. The arms can be stretched forward in front of the head.
The origin of the name of this pose is from the Sanskrit word “Bala” which means “Child” and “Asana” which means “Pose”.
Steps of Balasana
- For doing child pose sit on a yoga mat in Vajrasana.
- Now, slowly inhale and lift both hands directly above the head. Don’t touch your palms.
- Now, slowly exhale and bend forward.
(Note: – Careful while doing this as you have to bend from the hip joint, not from the waist joint.)
- Keep leaning forward until your palms touch the ground.
- Now, hold your head on the ground.
- Now, you are completely in child pose or we say Balasana. Now you have to relax your body and have to inhale deeply and exhale.
- Combine the fingers of both hands as between them you have to support him by keeping the head.
- Now, put your head between your hands.
Be in this pose for 30 sec to 5 min then slowly release. This is the first round you have to do 3 to 4 rounds.
Benefits of Balasana
- This yoga pose helps to stretches the hips, thigh, and ankles.
- This yoga pose is very beneficial for those who have back pain.
- It relieves back and neck pains.
Best yoga for immune system: Bridge pose or Setu Bandhasana is an inverted back bending asanas in hatha yoga in modern yoga and exercise.
The name of this pose is from the Sanskrit word Setu which means bridge and Banda which means lock and asana which means pose.
How to do Setu Bandhasana
- Lie on the ground on a yoga mat.
- Now bend your knees so that it is at 90 degrees of spine striking.
- Now slowly inhale and lift your waist according to the comfort.
- Try to be in the pose for approx 20 to 30 sec.
- Now slowly exhale and bring your waist down to the ground.
- Now, this is one round, do it 3 to 4 times.
Benefits of Setu Bandhasana
- This yoga pose is very effective for those who have back pains.
- This yoga helps to stretches the chest, neck, and spine.
- It helps to stimulate the lungs, abdominal organs, and thyroid.
- Improves digestion.
- It too helps in reducing anxiety, fatigue, backache, headache, and insomnia.
- Dental for asthma, osteoporosis, sinusitis, and High blood pressure.
Best yoga for immune system: Plow pose or Halasana is an inverter asana in yoga and modern yoga as exercise.
The name comes from the Sanskrit word Hala which means Plough and asana means posture.
How to do Plow Pose?
- Lie on your back with your arms beside you
- keep your palms downward
- When you inhale, use your abdominal muscle to lift your feet off the floor
- Raise your legs vertically at a 90-degree angle
- Now, support your hips and back with your hands
- Breathe normally and lift your hips and back off the ground
- Now, Allow your legs to sweep at a 180-degree angle over your head
- Your toes should touch the ground and your back should be perpendicular to the floor
- you may get into some trouble doing this but you will able to completely do this after some attempts.
- Hold in this pose for 30 to 40 seconds and then relax.
Note: You have to do this slow and gentle.
Benefits of Plow pose
- It tones the leg
- It stimulates the thyroid gland.
- It strengthens the immune system
- It calms the nervous system
- It helps in reducing stress
- It strengthens and opens the neck, shoulders, and back muscles.
Best yoga for immune system: Cobra pose or Bhujangasana is a back-bending asana in modern yoga as exercise and hatha yoga. This yoga is the part of Surya Namaskar(Salute to the Sun)
The origin of the name of this pose is from the Sanskrit word “Bhujanga” which means “cobra” and “asana” which means “Pose”.
Steps of Bhujangasana
- Lie down on the ground on your stomach.
- Now, place your palm under the shoulder.
- Stretch your back and keep your leg straight and keep in mind your legs should be close enough to each other.
- Now, inhale and lift your body upwards.
- Mind one thing that you should not stretch your waist much.
- Try to remain in this posture for 15-20 seconds
- Then exhale and return to the normal position. Now do this pose for 3-4 ties.
Benefits of Bhujangasana
- It helps to strengthen the spin.
- It also stretches the chest, lungs, shoulders, and abdomen.
- It stimulates the abdominal organs.
- It opens the heart and lungs.
- It increases body heat and destroys diseases.
Best yoga for immune system: Bow Pose or Dhanurasana is a back-bending asana in hatha yoga and modern yoga as exercise.
The name comes from the Sanskrit word Dhanur which means Bow and asana which means posture.
How to do Dhanurasana
- Lie down on your stomach with your feet slightly apart.
- Place your arms on the side of your body
- Slowly, fold your knees and hold your ankles with your hands
- Inhale and pull your legs up and lift your chest
- Stretch it as you feel stretch in your arm and thigh
- Focus on your breathing
- Maintain in this pose for 15-20 seconds
- Slowly bring your chest and legs back to the ground
- Then do this pose 2 to 3 times then relax.
Benefits of Dhanurasana
- It stretches the ankles, thigh, groins, abdomen, and chest.
- It improves the blood circulation to the spinal nervous
- It strengthens the back muscle
- It stimulates the organs of the abdomen and neck
Best yoga for immune system: Kapalbhati is also known as a breath of fire. It is an important Shatkarma, a purification in Hatha yoga.
The name of the pose comes from the Sanskrit word Kapala which means Skull and Bhati which means shining.
How to do Kapalbhati pranayama
- Sit in a meditative pose
- Take a deep breath.
- Exhale and pull your stomach.
- pull your navel in back toward the spine
- Do this at your comfort.
- Keep your right hands on your stomach to feel the abdominal muscles contract.
- when you will relax then your navel and abdomen will breathe flow into your lungs automatically.
- Do 20 such breaths to complete one round of Kapal Bhati.
- Do this 2 more times.
Benefits of Kapalbhati pranayama
- It increases the metabolic rate
- It clears the Nadis
- It stimulates the abdominal organs
- It improves the blood circulation
- It calms and uplifts the mind
Best yoga for immune system: Anuloma Viloma pranayama is a breath exercise practiced in hatha yoga.
How to do Anulom Vilom pranayama
- Sit in any meditative pose
- Keep your spine and neck erect
- Close your eyes
- Now, clear your mind
- Place your wrist on your knees
- Use your right hand
- Fold your middle and your index finger toward your palm
- Place your right thumb on your right nostrils and ring finger on your nostril
- Now, close your right nostril with your thumb and inhale through your left nostril
- Inhale till your lings are full
- Focus on your breathing
- Now, release your thumb and you have to close your left nostrils with your ring finger
- Now, exhale through the right nostril
- now, reverse this process this time inhale through the right nostril and exhale through the left nostril
- Repeat this for 1 minute.
Benefits of Anulom Vilom pranayama
- It relieves stress and anxiety
- It improves respiratory function
- It improves cardiovascular health.