Best yoga for computer users: As you, all know that the corona time is still going on and there are many people are doing work from home in which they have to sit in front of the computer throughout the day.
All school is closed, students have to do online classes. All of them have to take care of their health too.
But some people do not know how to take care of their health. Many people are tired to sit in front of the computer. some of them are not feeling good too.
Are you one of them?
If yes then don’t worry because today’s article is for computer users. In this article, we are gonna talk about how you can keep yourself healthy by doing Yoga.
Yoga stretches for computer users
- Balasana (Child Pose)
- Adho Mukha Svanasana (Dowmward Facing Dog pose)
- cat and cow pose
- virabhadrasana I (warrior 1)
- Anjaneyasana (Equestrian Pose)
- Utthan Pristhasana (lizard pose)
Yoga for computer users
Best yoga for computer users: Child Pose or Balasana is a kneeling asana in modern yoga as exercise.
Balasana is a counter asana for various yoga poses. If necessary, and during pregnancy, the knees may be extended. The arms can be stretched forward in front of the head.
The origin of the name of this pose is from the Sanskrit word “Bala” which means “Child” and “Asana” which means “Pose”.
Steps of Balasana
- For doing child pose sit on a yoga mat in Vajrasana.
- Now, slowly inhale and lift both hands directly above the head. Don’t touch your palms.
- Now, slowly exhale and bend forward.
(Note: – Careful while doing this as you have to bend from the hip joint, not from the waist joint.)
- Keep leaning forward until your palms touch the ground.
- Now, hold your head on the ground.
- Now, you are completely in child pose or we say Balasana. Now you have to relax your body and have to inhale deeply and exhale.
- Combine the fingers of both hands as between them you have to support him by keeping the head.
- Now, put your head between your hands.
Be in this pose for 30 sec to 5 min then slowly release. This is the first round you have to do 3 to 4 rounds.
Benefits of Balasana
- This yoga pose helps to stretches the hips, thigh, and ankles.
- This yoga pose is very beneficial for those who have back pain.
- It relieves back and neck pains.
Best yoga for computer users: Downward facing dog pose is an asana in modern yoga as exercise, which is one of the parts of Suryanamaskar(Salute to the Sun).
This yoga pose is similar to the standing straddle pose but not the same. This yoga pose is a little easier than it.
The downward-facing dog pose is beneficial for pregnant ladies. Downward Dog has been called “deservedly one of yoga’s most widely recognized yoga poses” and the “quintessential yoga pose”
The origin of the name of this pose is from the Sanskrit word “Adho” which means “Down“, “Mukh” which means “face“, “Svana” which means “Dog“, and “Asana” which means “Pose“.
This posture has the head down, eventually touching the floor, with bodyweight on the palms and feet. The arms are straight forward, shoulder-width apart; The legs are one leg apart, the legs are straight, and the hips are raised as high as possible.
How to do a Downward facing dog pose?
- Sit in cow and cat starting pose.
- In this posture, you have to be on your knees, both hands will stand on the ground and the back will straight.
- Now with emphasis on the hands, first move the right leg and then the left leg back.
- Raise the hips towards the sky and if possible, take the heels down to the ground.
- In this posture, you will feel the stretch on the back of your leg.
- Keep the arm straight and keep the chest straight, move the chest toward the ground as much as you can.
- Now, you will feel the tension on your chest and arms too.
- Try to be in this pose for 30 to 40 seconds then release.
Benefits of Downward facing dog pose
- It helps in relieving stress, headache, insomnia, back pain, fatigue, and mild depression.
- It helps in calming the mind.
- Stretches the shoulders, hamstrings, arches, calves, and hands.
- It improves digestion.
- Medicinal for high blood pressure, asthma, flat feet, sciatic, and sinusitis.
- This yoga pose helps in warming up the ankles and the toes.
Best yoga for computer users: Cat and cow pose is a mixture of two yoga poses: CAT pose and cow pose.
Cat and cow pose is a gentle flow between two poses that warms the body and brings flexibility to the spine.
It is a very beneficial yoga for those who are suffering from back pain.
How to do Cat and Cow Pose?
- By kneeling sit on a yoga mat like a cow shown in the figure.
- Your hand should be straight and there should be 90 degrees between belly and thighs.
- Lift your head, relax your shoulder away from your ears, and look straight.
- When you breathe out then come into cat pose while rounding your spine outward, and tuck in your tailbone, and then draw your pubic bone forward.
- Now, release your head toward the floor -Just do not apply your chin to your chest. Most importantly, just relax.
Benefits of Cat and Cow Pose
- Relieves the stress and neck.
- Energies the body.
- It helps to remove fatigue.
- It improves breathing.
- It improves the circulation of blood to the brain.
- It rejuvenates the whole body.
Best yoga for computer users: Warrior 1 pose or virabhadrasana is a standing yoga pose as an exercise in modern yoga.
The name virabhadrasana came from the Sanskrit word Vira means warrior, Bhadra which means good and asana means pose or posture.
How to do Warrior I Pose?
- Stand in mountain posture, breathe in, and open legs 3:30 to 4 feet.
- Turn your left foot 3 to 3.5 feet inwards and your right foot 90 degrees outward.
- Align the right heel with the left heel. While exhaling, try to rotate your torso to 90 degrees to the right.
- You may not be able to fully rotate the torso. So, do as much as you can.
- Slowly, raise your hands until the hands come straight in line with your torso, join the palms and point the fingers towards the sky.
- Keep in mind that if your back is straight if your back is not straight or a little bend then you may have pain in the lower back over time.
- Hold your left heel firmly on the ground and bend the right knee until the knee is over the straight.
- If you have so much flexibility, then parallel your thigh from the ground.
- Raise your head and keep your eyes on your fingers. Breathe in and out 5 times in total so that you can stay in the posture for 30 to 60 seconds.
- As the strength and flexibility in your body start increasing, then you can extend the time for this yoga to more than 60 sec but less than 90 seconds.
- Now, repeat this pose from the opposite leg.
Benefits of Warrior I Pose
- This pose helps to stretches the lungs, shoulders, chest, thigh, ankles, neck, and belly.
- This posture helps to strengthen the arms, back muscles, thighs, ankles, and shoulders.
Best yoga for computer users: Equestrian pose or Anjaneyasana is a lunging back bending asana in modern yoga as exercise.
This pose comes in the sequence of Surya namaskar.
How to do Equestrian Pose?
- Star with Downwards dog pose.
- Bring your right knee to the floor.
- Now Raise your hands and join the palm.
- Now, look upward to the sky.
- Bend our back and writings as much as possible.
- Keep in mind that your left foot should perpendicular to the floor.
- Maintain this pose for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Now Change your legs and again repeat all the steps.
- That was one complete round.
- Do this 3 to 4 times.
Benefits of Equestrian Pose
- It tones the kidney and liver.
- It increases willpower, determination, and courage.
- It strengthens the muscles of the legs and chest.
- It opens the heart and increases lung capacity.
Best yoga for computer users: Lizard pose or Utthan Pristhasana is an asana in modern yoga exercises. lizard pose is a yoga that will help you to open up your hips.
The names come from the Sanskrit word Utthan which means to stretch out and Pristha which means the page of a book and asana which means pose
This pose depends on how flexible you are.
How to do lizard pose?
- Be in downward facing dog position
- Now inhale slowly
- Now exit hell and keep your right foot to the outside of your right hand.
- Keep in mind that the food comes all the way to the front of your mat so that your toes should be in the line with your fingers.
- bend your knees at a 90-degree angle and stack above the
- Now inhale and bring your elbows to the floor with your forearms flat on your mat.
- Now spread your palm on the floor
- Now exhale and press your left heels to keep your left leg active.
- Keeping that position for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Then release and come back to your original position
- This was a complete one round.
- now repeat this but make sure you have to change your legs, i.e, your left leg should come forward.
Benefits of lizard pose
- It touches your hamstring hip flexor and quadriceps
- It opens the hip
- It strengthens the leg muscle
|Thanks for reading the article… If you found this article helpful then please share it.
Best yoga for computer users