We do not claim that the things stated in this article are 70% correct. We have collected all the information from the Internet. If you do this, then it is entirely your responsibility.
TOC of 7 best yoga asana for Golfers
List | Yoga Poses | Benefits | FAQs
7 best yoga asana for Golfers:- Hey guys are you interested in playing golf? Do you love golf and are you a golfer?
Do you know? Your body must have great flexibility to play golf. Do you have much flexibility? If you don’t have much flexibility then don’t worry because we are today with the article the 7 best yoga asana for golfers.
Do you know? Golf is a club-and-ball game in which players make as few strokes as possible in a series of holes in a series using different clubs to hit the balls and The modern game of golf originated in 15th century Scotland. The 18-hole round was built in 1764 at the Old Course in St. Andrews.
I think now that you know a lot about golf, now let’s talk about how you can easily increase flexibility in your body through yoga.
So let’s go to today’s yoga list
So let’s move towards your yoga list, in which you will get 7 very best yoga, so let’s start!
- Triangle pose
- Warrior 1 Pose
- Standing forward bend
- cobra pose
- reclining spinal twist
- lizard pose
- Hindu squat
Here is the list of yoga, let us now know about all these yoga in brief.
Now we will learn about the posture one by one in detail.
Triangle pose or trikonasana here Trikona means tri and asana meaning pose or posture. Triangle pose is a standing yoga pose. :
This yoga pose is mainly consisting of two types: 1. The left triangle poses 2. Right triangle poses.
Basically this pose is a very easy but very effective yoga pose.
How to do Triangle Pose?
- For practicing this yoga you have to stand in tadasana (mountain pose). Now place your feet at a distance of three feet from each other.
- Make sure that your right leg is 90 degrees in front of you and the left leg is at an angle of 15 degrees behind.
- Take a deep breath and distribute your weight on both legs equally.
- Now place your right hand on the right toe and lift the left hand straight above your head in the air. Keep in mind that the right hand should be just above the head.
- Also, raise the head towards the sky and open the eyes and look upwards.
- During this time, your two hands should be in a straight line.
- Stay in this posture as long as possible and continue to breathe deeply.
- Now, do this pose from another leg. After doing this one round complete. Do this pose for 3 to 4 times.
Benefits of Triangle pose
- This is a very useful yoga poses for people suffering from backache.
- This yoga poses helps to stretch ad strengthens the knees, ankle, and thighs.
- This helps to stretches the hips, shoulder, spine, and chest.
Warrior 1 Pose
Warrior 1 pose or virabhadrasana is a standing yoga pose as an exercise in modern yoga. :
The name virabhadrasana came from the Sanskrit word Vira means warrior, Bhadra means good and asana means pose or posture.
How to do Warrior 1 Pose?
- Stand in mountain posture, breathe in and open legs 3:30 to 4 feet.
- Turn your left foot 3 to 3.5 feet inwards and your right foot in 90 degrees outward. Align the right heel with the left heel.
- While exhaling, try to rotate your torso to 90 degrees to the right. You may not be able to fully rotate the torso. So, do as much as you can.
- Slowly, raise your hands until the hands come straight in line with your torso, join the palms and point the fingers towards the sky.
- Keep in mind that if your back is straight if your back is not straight or little bend then you may have pain in the lower back over time.
- Hold your left heel firmly on the ground and bend the right knee until the knee is over the straight.
- If you have so much flexibility, then parallel your thigh from the ground.
- Raise your head and keep your eyes on the fingers. Breathe in and out 5 times in total so that you can stay in the posture for 30 to 60 seconds.
- As the strength and flexibility in your body start increasing, then you can extend the time for this yoga more than 60 sec but less than 90 seconds.
- Now, repeat this pose from the opposite leg.
Benefits of Warrior 1 pose
- This pose helps to stretches the lungs, shoulders, chest, thigh, ankles, neck and belly.
- This posture helps to strengthen the arms, back muscles, thighs, ankles, and shoulders.
Standing Forward Bend
Uttanasana or Standing forward bend is a standing forward bending asana in modern yoga as exercise. :
The name comes from the Sanskrit word Uttana which means Stretch and asana which means posture or pose. The pose is entered from the standing position of Tadasana.
How to do Standing Forward Pose?
- Stand in tadasana
- Now, Inhale and then lift your arms up
- Keep your biceps close to your ears.
- Now bend forward from the waist
- keep your spine straight
- When you exhale completely then bring your hand on the floor beside the feet.
Note:- If necessary you may bend your knees to touch the floor with your palm.
Benefits of Standing forward bend pose
- It stretches all the muscles of the back of the body.
- Good to reduce hair loss.
- It tones the abdominal organs.
- It energizes the brain.
- Increase blood supply.
Cobra pose or Bhujangasana is a back-bending asana in modern yoga as exercise and : hatha yoga. This yoga is the part of Surya Namaskar(Salute to the Sun)
The origin of the name of this pose is from the Sanskrit word “Bhujanga” which means “cobra” and “asana” which means “Pose”.
How to do Cobra Pose?
- Lie down on the ground on your stomach.
- Now, place your palm under the shoulder.
- Stretch your back and keep your leg straight and keep in mind your legs should be close enough to each other.
- Now, inhale and lift your body upwards.
- Mind one thing that you should not stretch your waist much.
- Try to remain in this posture for 15-20 seconds
- Then exhale and return to the normal position. Now do this pose for 3-4 ties.
Benefits of Cobra Pose
- It helps to strengthen the spin.
- It also stretches the chest, lungs, shoulders, and abdomen.
- It stimulates the abdominal organs.
- It opens the heart and lungs.
- It increases body heat and destroys diseases.
Reclining Spinal Twist
Reclining spinal twist : or Katharina Parivartanasana is a reclining twist asana in modern yoga as exercise.
The name is from the Sanskrit word “Katharina”, which means “stomach”, “Parivartana”, which means “to turn around”, and “asana”, which means “pose”.
How to do Reclining Spinal twist?
- Lay on your back
- Spread your hands on the floor.
- Make 90 degrees between your hands and the body.
- Now, lower your legs and twist them to the left.
- Turn your head to the right side.
- Maintain in this pose for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Now repeat it once again with the opposite side.
- Do this 3 to 4 times.
Benefits of Reclining Spinal Twist Pose
- Helps Release the Lower Back
- It opens the shoulders.
- It helps in improving digestion.
- It helps to enhance spinal muscles.
In this variant of squats, people use to sweep their arms out in front of them and then raise their heels off the grounds while doing squats. This exercise is used to test and improves your: :
How to do Triangle Pose?
- Stand straight
- keep your feet directly under your shoulder
- Now, extend your arms in front of your chest
- Inhale and lower your hips back and down toward the floor
- By doing this lift your heels off the floor at the same time and reach your arms behind you.
- Now enlarge your spine and engage your core as soon as you touch your hands with your heels. (note:- try to touch your hands with your heels. If you can’t reach then do it as much as you can without any stress)
- Be in that position for some seconds.
- Now exhale, and bring your body to a standing position.
- With that lower your heels to the floor and raise your arms in front of your chest.
- You have been returned to the starting position.
- Repeat the squats and do this for 7-8 Squats and slowly-slowly increase the number of squats according to your comfort.
Benefits of Hindu Squats
- It improves strength
- it improves hypertrophy
- it improves flexibility
- it improves balance
- it improves posture
- it improves calorie burning
- it improves stability
- it improves endurance
- it improves mobility
- it improves heart rate
- it improves athletic
- it improves strength and power for jumping, running, and sprinting.
Lizard pose or Utthan Pristhasana is an asana in modern yoga exercises. lizard pose is a yoga that will help you to open up your hips. :
The names come from the Sanskrit word Utthan which means to stretch out and Pristha which means the page of a book and asana which means pose
This pose depends on how flexible you are.
How to do Lizard Pose?
- Be in downward facing dog position
- Now inhale slowly
- Now exit hell and keep your right foot to the outside of your right hand.
- Keep in mind that the food comes all the way to the front of your mat so that your toes should be in the line with your fingers.
- bend your knees at a 90-degree angle and stack above the
- Now inhale and bring your elbows to the floor with your forearms flat on your mat.
- Now spread your palm on the floor
- Now exhale and press your left heels to keep your left leg active.
- Keeping that position for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Then release and come back to your original position
- This was a complete one round.
- now repeat this but make sure you have to change your legs, i.e, your left leg should come forward.
Benefits of lizard pose
- It’s touch your hamstring hip flexor and quadriceps
- It opens the hip
- It strengthen the leg muscle
Now we will tell you what are the benefits of all these above-mentioned yoga and is it really beneficial?
The benefits of yoga for golfers are as follows:-
- It increases flexibility in your body
- It helps in improving the strength of your body
- It helps you to gain a better range of motion in your joints
- It increases better stability and balance in your body
- It helps in increasing focus
Now we will answer some similar questions from this article.
Q. Is yoga good for golfers?
Ans:- Yes, it is good for golfers as it helps in increasing flexibility and helps in increasing focus which is very important in golf.
Q. What muscles help your golf swing?
Ans: On the right side of your body the most energetic muscles are the pectoralis major and upper serratus.
When you do forward swing the most active muscle in the lower body are the lower and upper gluteus maximus.
If you feel that this article is helpful then make sure to share this article with your friends Also leave a comment and if you have any health-related queries then please leave a comment about your queries and then you will get the solution within 48 hours on healthy nor website and on your email too.