TOC of Home remedies for bedwetting
Bedwetting | Cause | Symptoms | Remedies | Ayurvedic remedies | FAQs
Best Home remedies for bedwetting: Bedwetting is a common thing in childhood as you all know, but if it is in the youth going forward then people thought this is a very shameless thing.
But do you know? if bedwetting occurs even if you are an adult then it can be due to some disease.
If you are suffering from bedwetting then do not panic, because the treatment of this is available. Today we are going to talk about what is bedwetting, what is its cause, what are its symptoms.
Bedwetting is also known as Nocturnal enuresis. Bedwetting is uncontrollable urination that occurs while asleep after you reach the age at which bladder control usually begins.
Bedwetting is a most common childhood complaint.
What is the cause of bedwetting?
The cause of bedwetting is as follows:
- Overactive bladder
- Delayed control of the bladder
- Inability to wake up from sleep
- Consumption of caffeine-rich drinks such as tea or coffee
- Psychological issues
- Genetic factors
- Nasal obstruction
- Incontinence with no control on urination
Symptoms of bedwetting
The symptoms of bedwetting are as follows:
- Burning when urination
- wetting during the days
- Increased urgency of urination
- Significant behavioral changes
- Being unable to control Bowel movements
Now we will talk about what you can do so that bedwetting will stop. As you may have come to know that we are discussing home remedies, so let’s start.
Home remedies for bedwetting in Child
Best Home remedies for bedwetting: Now we will tell you some home remedies which you can try.
There are preventive measures that can be adapted to restrict the habit of bedwetting. Some measures include:
- Urine twice before going to bed: If your child is suffering from this then you should ask your child to urinate just before he/she ready to go to bed, when your child feels asleep then again ask your child to urinate.
- Reduce liquid consumption in the evening: If you or your child used to drink a lot of liquid in the evening, then restrict to drink a lot of fluid in the evening. Your child should drink a lot of fluid in day time but not during the evening time. This will allow your child to empty the bladder before going to bed.
- Use of a night lamp: There are some children who are afraid of darkness, due to which they do not go to urinate at night and then make the bed wet. So the simple solution is to use a night lamp so the child can go to urinate without getting afraid.
- Improve bladder capacity: Some children have low bladder capacity, which cannot stop the urine overnight, causing the bed to become wet.
By increasing the bladder capacity, you can prevent bedwetting of your child.
Children’s body is made to hold more urine during the day, which increases the bladder capacity.
- Timed Urination: Follow the routine with this simple so that you can break the habit of your child. Get used to urinating your child from time to time at night. This will help your child to create a body clock to get into a routine for urination and preventing bedwetting.
- Reward Program: You say to your child that when he does not wet his bed, then he will get a reward from you, what will happen that positive energy will be filled in it and he will try his best not to get the bed wet and in such a way he will lose his bad habit.
Ayurvedic home remedies for bedwetting in Child and Adult
Now we will learn about some more home remedies
Best Home remedies for bedwetting: Cinnamon is extremely beneficial in controlling the problem of bedwetting. Apart from this cinnamon is very beneficial for increasing immunity and relieving cough.
You just have to chew the cinnamon bark once a daily.
Apple cider vinegar
Best Home remedies for bedwetting: Apple cider vinegar is used to control bedwetting. There are so many benefits of apple cider vinegar.
You just have to add a little amount of apple cider vinegar in your diet.
Taking Apple cider vinegar (ACV) daily will help you to boost your immune system, prevent cough and cold, prevents any kind of stomach or urinary infection.
Best Home remedies for bedwetting: Olive oil is very beneficial for treating bedwetting in kids as it is rich in Vitamin A and omega acids.
You just have to heat and rub the oil on the lower abdominal region of your kid and smoothly massage in a circular motion.
Olive oil is also beneficial in developing brain functioning in kids, keeps the skin and hair healthy.
Best Home remedies for bedwetting: From research, it is said that if a kid’s body is warm then he/she doesn’t wet the bed while sleeping.
Jaggery is a good source of iron and excellent for the kid’s stomach.
You just have to replace jaggery in your diet with sugar as jaggery keeps the body warm and helps in preventing bedwetting.
Vitamins for bedwetting home remedies
Best Home remedies for bedwetting: If you have to overcome the problem of bedwetting then you should know which vitamin you have to tighten in more quantity.
The most important vitamins are:-
- Vitamin D
- Omega 3
Source of Vitamin D: Oily fish, Red meat, Egg yolks, Fortified food, etc.
Source of Omega 3: Fish, Nuts and Seeds, Plant oils, Seafood, etc.
FAQs related to home remedies for bedwetting
Q. What is bedwetting called by doctors?
Ans: Bedwetting is called Nocturnal Enuresis by doctors.
Q. What age is bedwetting a problem?
Ans: In most of the children bedwetting stops between the age of 5 and 6 years old. Bedwetting is more common in boys and deep sleepers.
Q. Is bedwetting a symptom of ADHD?
Ans: Yes, bedwetting is a symbol of ADHD. Bedwetting is three times more common in kids who have ADHD than in kids who don’t.